Miles, Bauer, Bergstrom & Winters, LLP is a loan default litigation law firm. We strive to protect our clients' rights and preserve their future interests. Our attorneys are prepared to handle litigation and trustee services for mortgage lenders, real estate organizations, creditors, auto industry companies and other business entities.
We dedicate our energy and resources to getting you the best possible outcome based on your unique circumstances. Our team of highly-skilled attorneys provides top-quality legal services, and gives each client dedicated, focused and personal attention.
Meet the members of the firm:
Bilingual speakers are available! Our staff can assist you with your Chinese, German, Japanese, Spanish, Tagalog or Vietnamese needs. Contact us to schedule a case evaluation and consultation.
Douglas E. Miles (CA)
FIRM MANAGING PARTNER - Douglas E. Miles has earned a national reputation for his representation of lenders. His areas of practice include foreclosure, mortgages, bankruptcy, eviction and real estate.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 1972
- University of Illinois College of Law at Urbana-Champaign, J.D., 1975
- State of Illinois - 1975
- Supreme Court of Illinois - 1975
- U.S. District Court of Illinois, Northern, Southern and Central Districts
- United States Supreme Court - 1982
- State of California - 1985
- Supreme Court of California - 1985
- State Bar of Nevada - 1991
- U.S. District Court of California, Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts - 1985
- U.S. District Court of Nevada - 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit - 2010
- Past Executive Vice-President of the National Association of Bar Related® Title Insurers
- Past Vice-President of Chicago Operations for Attorneys' Title Guaranty Fund, Inc. in Illinois
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Nevada
- Attorney's Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois
- California Mortgage Bankers Association
- California Trustee Association
- Arizona Trustee Association
- Real Estate Owned Managers Association
- United Trustees Association
Jeremy T. Bergstrom (NV)
MANAGING PARTNER, Nevada Office - Jeremy T. Bergstrom has litigated real property issues of first impression in the Supreme Court of the State of Arizona. He is an active participant in local bankruptcy bar functions where current bankruptcy issues are discussed. Mr. Bergstrom primarily practices real estate litigation, civil litigation, eviction and bankruptcy.
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, B.S., 1995
- University of Memphis, J.D., 1998
- State of Nevada - 1999
- State of Arizona - 1999
- U.S. District Court of Nevada - 1999
- U.S. District Court of Arizona - 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit - 2000
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Nevada
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Strathmore's Who's Who of America
Fred Timothy Winters (CA)
MANAGING PARTNER, Civil Litigation - Fred Timothy Winters' legal career has focused on various types of civil litigation, including representation of real estate developers and brokers, commercial and residential landlords, business owners, and secured and unsecured creditors. Mr. Winters has prosecuted numerous trials, and is also adept at all forms of enforcement of money judgments. His primary areas of practice are civil litigation, bankruptcy and foreclosure.
- California State University, Northridge, B.A. with honors in English, Magna Cum Laude, 1974
- Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, J.D., 1979
- State of California, 1979
- U.S. District Court of California,
- Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- State Bar of California-1979
- U.S. District Court of California, Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Business and Real Estate Litigation Experience
- specific performance
- quiet title
- mechanics liens
- land use litigation against local government
- injunctive relief
- traditional and administrative mandamus
- partition and sale
- secured and unsecured creditor representation in state and bankruptcy court
- defense of wrongful foreclosure claims
Bankruptcy Litigation Experience
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 13
- plan confirmation matters
- discharge litigation
Richard J. Bauer, Jr. (CA)
Partner - Richard J. Bauer was admitted to the bar in the state of California in 1990. He is also admitted to practice in the Federal District Courts of California, Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern districts. Rich graduated with a BS in 1986 from Pennsylvania State University and earned his JD from Temple University in 1989. He is a member of the Orange County Bankruptcy Association, the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and the Financial Lawyer’s Association. Rich’s primary areas of practice are bankruptcy and eviction.
Tami S. Crosby (CA)
Partner - Tami S. Crosby was admitted to the bar in the state of California in 1987. She has also been admitted to the bar for the U.S. District Court of California, Central and Eastern Districts. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and a minor in sports medicine from Chapman University in 1983. She earned her J.D. at Western State University College of Law in 1987. Currently, she is a member of the State Bar of California and the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association. She practices civil litigation and foreclosure.
Jory C. Garabedian (NV)
Associate - Jory C. Garabedian was admitted to the bar of Nevada in 2007. In 2003, he graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in criminal justice, from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He earned his J.D. at Thomas Jefferson School of Law where he graduated cum laude in 2006. Jory is a member of the State Bar of Nevada. His primary area of practice is civil litigation.
Cori B. Jones (CA)
Partner- Cori B. Jones was admitted to the bar of California in 2008 and the US District Court of California, Central District and Eastern District in 2010, the Southern District in 2011, and the Northern District in 2012. In 2005, she graduated with a B.A. in communication studies from California State University Long Beach. She earned her J.D. at the University of La Verne College of Law in 2008. Cori's primary area of practices are bankruptcy and foreclosure.
Paterno C. Jurani (NV)
Associate - Paterno C. Jurani was admitted to the California Bar in 2001 and Nevada Bar in 2002. He completed his B.S. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois, Urbana - Champaign in 1995 and earned his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law in 2000. His primary areas of practice are civil litigation and collections.
Katherine G. Heidbrink (CA)
Associate - Katherine G. Heidbrink was admitted to the state bars of Massachusetts and New York in 2012 and to the state bar of California in 2013. Kate received a BA from Agnes Scott College in 2004 and an MBA and JD from Regent University in 2011. She is a member of the United Trustees Association; the Orange County Bar Association; the State Bar of California; the New York State Unified Court System; the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers and the New York State Bar Association. Her primary area of practice is foreclosure.
Robert S. Hawekotte, Jr. (CA)
Of Counsel - Robert Hawekotte was admitted to the state bar of California in 1988. In 1976, he earned a BSEE from the United States Military Academy and earned his J.D. at Case Western Reserve Law School in 1984. He is a member of the State Bar of California and West Point Society of Orange County. Bob's areas of practice include Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, Employment Law, Healthcare Law and Estate Planning.